Khurram is a Quality Control Partner at Grant Thornton, he has extensive experience which spans over seventeen years gained in the United Arab Emirates, the CIS region, Pakistan and Europe. His diverse international experience has allowed him to continue adding a dynamic difference to the clients which he services whilst supporting them to grow.
He has in depth knowledge of ethics, corporate governance and best practices, IFRS and IPSAS. Other areas of expertise include providing specialist services such as special agreed upon procedures, outsourced accounting, business advisory, feasibility studies, internal audit function, project valuations and forensic audits.
Khurram has extensive knowledge on Islamic areas including Islamic commercial ethics, Islamic corporate governance, Islamic financial techniques and assets and fund management. He was an instrumental advisor for the Central Bank, SCA (Securities and Commodities Authority) and DFSA (Dubai Financial Services Authority) on industry best practice and ethical and professional standards.
During his spare time, Khurram mentors key CFOs in the region who continue to develop under his leadership. He shares industry best practice, international developments and key emerging trends with these individuals who transfer his advice into daily practice to drive their businesses.
- Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan
- Associate Member of Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountants
- Member of Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (UK)
- Affiliate of the Dubai Economic Chamber and the Auditors and Accounting Association (UAE)
- Bachelor of Commerce, Punjab University
- Masters in Business Administration - Major in Marketing
- Islamic Finance from Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment UK