Farouk is the Managing Partner of Grant Thornton Azerbaijan. He has been instrumental in building strategic business relationships across various industries and is responsible for running all facets of the firm.
With over 40 years of business experience, Farouk has vast experience and exposure in assurance, accounting, tax, management consultancy and advisory services including the preparation of documentation and company structures for IPOs and listings within the local and international financial markets.
Having worked with most of the recognised names in the Republic of Azerbaijan including large local public shareholding companies, prominent multinational companies and privately-owned businesses with branches across the region, Farouk has experience and expertise in initiating and catalysing growth within the companies he is working with and giving value‐added solutions to their business issues. He has also worked with a number of leading family owned businesses in achieving strategic success for the current and future businesses.
Farouk is fully committed to continue driving the firm forward, and to encouraging the development of new service offerings.
- The Association of Certified Public Accountants, UK (Fellow)
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Ireland (Fellow)
- Montana Society of Certified Public Accountants, USA (Fellow)
- Institute of Financial Consultants, USA (Fellow)
- Institute of Business Administration, Delaware, USA
- Institute of Accounting Technicians, Canada
- The Arab Federation of Auditors and Accountants
- Egyptian Society of Public Finance and Taxes
Languages spoken: English, French and Arabic
- Certified Public Accountant (UK)
- Certified Public Accountant (Ireland)
- Certified Public Accountant (Montana, USA)
- Certified Financial Consultant (USA)
- Certified Business Administrator (USA)
- Certified Accounting Technician (Canada)